Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's still far away

In answer to the question posed at the beginning of the previous blog post I say yes. Yes it can. Yesterday I woke up and saw about 4 inches of snow in my yard and I thought to myself, "well I guess I better go skiing." Whatever other option did I have? So my brother and I went up to Brighton and skinned up to the top of the Millicent lift (Brighton closed a few weeks ago) then we had to boot pack it up to the peak. On the way up we noticed this sign so Chris stood next to it for a picture.


That sign is usually over six feet off the snow and as you can see, it's about waist high now. Chris told me that this is a record year for snowbird with over 700 inches of snowfall.

So anyways, we went up to the peak and skied down the main chute on the front side of Millicent. It was amazing snow. It wasn't wet and heavy like to would expect the snow to be on the last day of April. I think what was best about it was that we had the mountain to ourselves and didn't have to worry about anyone else being up there. Fun day all and all

2 comments:

Chris said...

Probably my favorite day of the year.
-Chris

Carrie said...

Fun! I'm seriously glad you make the most of this snow. *sigh* Now here's hoping our sump pumps hold out when it all melts, eh?