Monday, March 8, 2010

St. George Bike Trip

This past weekend I went on a bike trip without the girls. The trip was organized by a guy who grew up in across the street from my family in Draper. It was a was interesting group because it was a 16 people in total and not many knew each other before the trip. We all came together because someone invited a friend, who then invited another friend.
We arrived in St. George Thursday night. We stayed at a condo in the Green Valley area. The first day (Friday) we rode the Barrel trail, and the Bear Claw Poppy trail twice.

Barrel trail and Bear Claw Poppy trailhead

Saturday we rode Gooseberry Mesa. Gooseberry is an interesting place because it's covered in a network of different trails. I don't know for sure where we went. I do know we did the Hidden Canyon and the North Rim out to the point where we stopped for lunch.


After lunch, the car that I was riding with decided we needed to head straight back to the car and head home. two of the guys in the car live in Idaho and they wanted to get back at a decent hour. the rest of the group rode on the south rim. It was funny when we took the jeep trail back to the car because it only took us about 20-30 minutes. It took us about 3 hours to get to the point. That may not be surprising to anyone who is familiar with Gooseberry Mesa. We took our time and often tried different climbs over and over.
Anyways, I got home Saturday night around 9pm. I had been feeling a little sick most of the day but started to feel really sick when I got home.

1 comment:

Dave and Lacey said...

Sounds like fun! I broke my elbow on the Bear Claw Poppy last year (3 fingers of death) so I am going to have to go back and try it again! Glad you had a fun time. Hope you are feeling better!