Monday, March 1, 2010

bike rides

First I want to answer the question that anyone who reads this blog might have. Why do I have so much free time to write blog posts? Well, this is what you do when your a stay at home mom, I mean, dad. I finished school with my master's degree in December, and now I look for work and watch my daughter. I do a little more of the latter than the former though.
Anyways, on with today's post.
Ginger and I often go for bike rides up memory grove then city creek canyon. When I say we go on bike rides, I mean I tow her in the baby trailer. It's good exercise for me, and she enjoys it more each time we go. Today when I had gone as far as my little legs could take us, I tried to take her out so she could run around. She shook her head and pointed up the trail, indicating she wanted to keep going. When I told her I was too tired, she offered me her water.



I gladly took a drink. I then did some stretches on the pavement. Ginger is at an age where she copies everything we do. I mean quite literally everything. If I hug Erin, then Ginger wraps her arms around Erin's leg. If I am typing on the computer, she does the same. So when I sit down on the ground to stretch, she wants to do the same. I often spit while I'm biking, and so Ginger does too.


Ginger stretching and spitting

I guess this means that we have to be on our best behavior from now on.

7 comments:

Ana Margarida G. V. da Cruz said...

Ela... tambem quero...que fixe, e confortavel.... yupiiii, quero dar uma voltinha!

Carrie said...

Haha! What a good little exercise buddy! How nice of her to share! :)

Ann Marie said...

super cute! she's very considerate to offer you water.

Jane Durham said...

that's so funny about the spitting. she is going to be one tough girl!

Morgan said...

I'm glad that Ginger's whipping you into shape.

Mo

Chris said...

You need to take her skiing so she can learn to swear along with her spitting and stretching.

Cath said...

Chris is right!Take her skiing so she can learn a few swears while bustin through the trees