Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Part V: Breathing

Do you remember Adam Sandler's "Fatty McGee" skit? I honestly have to take a break half-way up the 20 stairs that get me to the second floor of the Cannon building where I work.
But aside from struggling during aerobic movement, about a month ago I began having movements where I wasn't doing anything labor intensive at all and I would become short of breath. Now, originally, my thought was that I was suffocating and that the baby wouldn't be able to get the oxygen it needed, so I would become panicked which would only exacerbate the problem. Then I read in a book that it was normal to have trouble breathing during the late months of pregnancy--after all your lungs are quite crunched for space. Just reading that (and realizing I wasn't the only one) alleviated the problem quite a bit--at least now I can go on with what I'm doing without worrying that the baby is at risk.

No comments: